Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Running a Christian School

What is it like to run a Christian school?  This is what this blog is all about...running a Christian school.

It is hard to believe that this is my 17th year working at a Christian school.  In many ways I am still learning, but that is part of the fun.  I have had my share of successes and failures, with the failures providing some of the best learning experiences as a leader.

In this blog I aim to describe the projects, planning, and challenges involved in running a Christian school. I hope you are inspired as you lead your Christian school or as you aspire to serve the Lord in this role some day in the future.

A little about me, as I start...

After graduating from Laconia Christian School in Laconia, NH (Class of 1989), I attended and graduated from Wheaton College in Wheaton, IL (Class of 1993).  I then returned to LCS to teach high school math and Bible and coach soccer, basketball, and baseball.  During these four years, I completed a masters degree in Educational Leadership at Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA (Class of 1997).

In the summer of 1997, I moved to the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC and worked for 11 years at Covenant Life School in Gaithersburg, MD.  I served in a variety of roles, including math and Bible teacher, Athletic Director, Elementary School Principal, Middle School Principal, High School Principal, and Head of School.

In the summer of 2008, I moved to Saint Simons Island, GA to become Headmaster of Saint Simons Christian School.

Have you ever done anything that is very hard, yet extremely satisfying?  That is how I would describe leading a Christian school.  It is a joy to be in the center of God's will laboring for His glory in full-time ministry, but it is very hard work too.  It is satisfying to look back at all that God has done over these 17 years, and I look forward to all He will accomplish in me and through me in the years ahead.

Enjoy this look into running a Christian school, add your comments, and ask your questions.  To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment